Runite Adepts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Runite Adepts

We are a clan of above average Rune & Berserker pures - skilling, killing, and chilling out with each other as we rise to the top.

2 posters

Fav spec wep!

Poll

Hey guys, what is you favourite special weapon?

[ 2 ]
    Fav spec wep! I_vote_lcap33%Fav spec wep! I_vote_rcap [33%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Fav spec wep! I_vote_lcap33%Fav spec wep! I_vote_rcap [33%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Fav spec wep! I_vote_lcap17%Fav spec wep! I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Fav spec wep! I_vote_lcap0%Fav spec wep! I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Fav spec wep! I_vote_lcap17%Fav spec wep! I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Fav spec wep! I_vote_lcap0%Fav spec wep! I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 6
    Zpongy

Fav spec wep! Empty Fav spec wep!

Post  Zpongy Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:19 am

what is your fav special weapon? pretty self explanatory? Wink
    Zerkipedia
    Zerkipedia
    Admin

Fav spec wep! Empty Re: Fav spec wep!

Post  Zerkipedia Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:38 pm

My choice is Vesta's longsword for the following reasons:

It's pretty much a one-handed Armadyl Godsword with the potential to use the special attack four times instead of twice. Because of this, you have a increased chance of killing somebody with a combo of special attacks and they will be available from your special attack bar recharging during the fight more early.

Comparison:

Vesta's Longsword w/Rune Defender: +123 Strength,+140 Slash bonus, 25% Special, Feint + 20% Damage.
    Armadyl Godsword: +132 Strength, +132 Slash bonus, 50% Special, Judgement +25% Damage.

However if it came down to all factors, I would choose the Armadyl Godsword over Vesta's Longsword because it costs less, DOES NOT DEGRADE, and the +5% special attack damage and +9 strength bonus over Vesta's Longsword w/Rune Defender gives a better chance of potentially killing your opponent on the first try. Though Vesta's Longsword has a better chance overall, it would most likely fail because as we all know.....its only common sense for somebody to heal rapidly/safing after the first special attack to prevent being killed by ones sure to follow - effectively making your following hits useless even if they are quite high. Also, the slash bonus doesn't make much of a difference as we all are limited to rune and have low defence. The weapons mentioned need 75-78 attack and will surely hit frequently no matter what. Not to mention the annoyance of having to retrieve more rune defenders at the Warriors' Guild when you run out.

But even with all those good reasons of why an AGS is a better choice, my vote goes to Vesta's Longsword - ONLY because the question does not have any limits such as a infinite supply of anything.

Didn't expect this to turn into a paragraph, but thanks for reading if you have Smile

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:28 am